Well, today is my second day here in Athens and we are expecting rain all day. We are trying to figure out what to do since climbing to the Acropolis does not sound like fun in the rain. We already went to the Museum so we are here surfing the net trying to find out what we are going to do. Yesterday it was all cloud covered and it was the first day that we weren't catching major sun. We walked all over the Plaka which is where there are shops as far as the eye can see. We also went to the Central Market in the morning which is where all of the fresh fruits and vegetables are and there is all kinds of meats hanging up for sale. We weren't able to go into the meat section because the smell of fish was so bad that I almost threw up right there on the street! But the fruits and vegetables were so beautiful that I could pass up on getting something. I got an apple about the size of a large grapefruit and it was so delicious!! Then we wandered around through the National Gardens, it reminded me a lot of Central Park in New York.
Last night we had dinner in the Psiri, it is a district town that is extremely shady at first, but once you are all the way down into the center of it, it is filled with restaurants all over the streets. We ate at a quaint little one and then wandered home. It was very relaxing...but I did learn one thing...that is if you tell them that you are cold (which I was) they will immediately find someone who will warm you!!! No worries though we were already done eating and headed back before he could "warm" me
Well we are off...to do what I am not sure...but I will write more later~
2 comments:
I am so sorry about the rain but holy cow it seems like you are having such an awesome trip!!!!
I need one of those apples!
I just saw your pics...it looks like you're having fun! I'm glad you made it safely from Egypt and Israel. It does sound a little scary...I'm happy there was nothing to worry about. Hope you're still having fun (of course you are, you're in Greece!) Have some fun for me too...I'll have to see more of your pics when you get back!
Post a Comment