Monday, September 8, 2008

Just when…

Isn’t life always this way? Just when you think that things are going along nice and smoothly you get like 15 hiccups all at once.

I am leaving on vacation in 3 days and things just keep popping up. First it was the sore throat…but after I drank vinegar that went away after about a day and a half (little home remedy that I use…1 tsp of apple cider vinegar if you have a sore throat as soon as you feel it coming on and it will KILL anything…trust me. Just don’t smell it before you drink it…).

Next (I am still trying to not count this as bad luck since I am SO SO SO glad that it happened before I left) I went into the garage on Saturday, and as I stepped onto the rug that I have there I thought…uh…this isn’t supposed to be wet!!! As I searched around I could see that it wasn’t coming from the water heater…instead it was coming from the wall!!! Yes there was a leak inside the wall somewhere. I could only assume that since it was below the upstairs bathroom that it was from there. I remembered that "MK", a second cousin of mine is a General Contractor…I quickly called him and he said he would be here first thing Monday morning.

Well this morning he came…he started cutting at what I like to call the inspired location and cut just enough dry wall away to expose the entire problem area. A copper elbow in the pipe had sprung a leak and was spraying into the dry wall. He smiled and said that he had done this a time or two. He assured me that he will have the problem resolved and all taken care of before I leave for Greece on Thursday.

Now let’s just hope that everything works out and there are no more hiccups!!!

2 comments:

Shalene said...

I really hope everything turns out ok with your house. There is nothing worse than having something major like that that you can not fix yourself. I'm sure it will all be fine. I am actually really jealous right now..I should be on that cruise with you and Jill right now. I am super jealous of the places you will visit and the things you will see. Once in a lifetime opportunity...I hope you have a ton of fun !! call me sometime, we need to hang out.

Danielle Kristine Fallbeck said...

Hi Rachel! I LOVE your pics and it looks and sounds like you had an AWESOME time on your cruise! Let me know what your e-mail address is so I can send you a link to view my blog! Let's get together soon to catch up! :)