Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Change is good

Change is on the horizon for me. After 23 months in my current position I am changing jobs to work closer to home. This is something that I have wished/hoped for ever since I had a commute, so for over 10 years.

I will not longer be subjected to a drive every morning and night that is at least 30 minutes, and that is a good day, usually it is 45

I will not have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic when there isn't anything good to listen to on the radio

I will get to eat lunch at home everyday if I so choose

I will get to leave work and be at home in the garage in uh...less than 10 minutes (more like just over 5)

I will save 2 hours of my life everyday, however, I have been told that I will lose those 2 hours pretty quickly on other things, not 2 hours of exercise or extra sleep...hopefully I can prove that wrong

I will lose 2 hours of talk time on the cell phone to catch up with friends and family

So to sum up this post...Life is Good!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I so excited to hear that you got that position and get to transfer to a job that is practically in your backyard.

Debbie said...

Congrats, Rachel on getting a new position. I hope you enjoy the new position as well as the benefit of no longer having to commute!

Jules Westlake said...

I personally loath commuting so here's to kicking commutes to the curb! Welcome to the club!