It was such a nice surprise this morning at work to get a Thank You note from the CFO letting me know that she appreciates all of the work that I am doing. The note included a coupon good at the gift shop or cafeteria. I thought I would just buy lunch with it. But then on my way over I was thinking that I have always wanted a lanyard that was a little dressier than the LA Fitness one that I have been using since I started. So we took a detour on our way to the cafeteria and headed to the gift shop. I had been there before and looked and the lanyard’s and knew which one I wanted. It was so pretty and looked like a nice necklace. I was so excited to get it…
As I get to the gift shop I don’t see the cute ones…I looked through all of them and they were not attractive at all. I didn’t want to settle for one that I didn’t like so I quickly looked through the rest of the store to see if there was one that had been misplaced. The lady behind the register asked me if what I was looking for was like the one that she was wearing. There it was – the cute lanyard/necklace!!! I was excited and said yes it was, she informed me that she had purchased it just this morning and that it was the last one. I asked if they would get more in and she said that she didn’t think they got them in very often. Then she smiled, shrugged her shoulders, said she was sorry, reminded me that she had bought it just this morning, and turned to help someone else.
My coworker "R" and I walked out of the gift shop and just started laughing. It was so funny!!! "R" thought that the lady was going to offer to buy a different one and sale me the one that she had, but no…she just kept reminding me that she had just bought it that morning.
Needless to say the coupon provided a delicious lunch from the cafeteria
Just curious how all of you may have responded to this situation…
2 comments:
hmmmm -- welp GueSS that one waS for HeR !!! and preTTY much StaYIN thErE ... hehe
I don't know what I would have done. I probally would have done just what you did. But seriously how weird. What a odd woman!
Post a Comment