OK...so if you refer to my post from September 4, 2008 you will note that I have an old lady who thinks that her son still lives in the house that I bought over 3 1/2 years ago. Her visits have been getting more and more often. One week she came 5 days in a row and sat outside in her car until 2 am just watching the house.
Since we have an Alzheimer's division at work I asked some of the nurses what they thought. For sure they think that she has some form of dementia and let me know about Adult Protective Services. You can call them and give them all the information and they will check the senior citizen out and make sure that they are receiving the care that they need. So I called in January to give them the information. Unfortunately they can't do anything without a police record. This last Friday when I got home her car was outside but she wasn't in it. I made sure that the house was all locked up and went to the gym. When I returned home she was in her car outside. I called the non-emergency line and they sent an officer over to do a welfare check (basically they will take her home). Of course my luck would have it that she left as soon as I hung up the phone.
Here is where the story gets funny...I ran to take a quick shower and my roommate answered the door when the cops got there. She talked to them at the door for a time, but in the back of her mind she was nervous to invite him in since she was alone in the house. At the same time this was happening I was getting dressed and was hurrying since I knew she was the only one out there and would need to have a "companion" in order for the male cop to enter our home. (YEAH Right!). Anyway she asked him if he could come in...he laughed and said "Oh, I can come in...even if you don't want me to".
Isn't it funny how we had both thought that because she was "alone" that a male couldn't enter the house. After he left we both just laughed when we found out what each of us were thinking. I guess that just goes to show you that my house is filled with good girls.
**as a side note - hopefully the little old lady will get some help soon.
2 comments:
That is hilarious!
That is awesome! Was it Leanna - I can so see her doing that! I am glad you are being good girls!!!!
I feel so bad for that lady, I hope that she can get into ome sort of a home/treatment center.
Post a Comment