So I was getting ready to go visiting teaching tonight and I was reading through the conference talk given by President Monson. I talked about it in my last posting. Anyway there was a quote today that I find very fitting that I want to blog about. First check out these pictures...
The one on the top is a picture of me when I was about 2. My mother made the Halloween costume. The one on the bottom is my nephew "D" this last month at Halloween. Yes he is wearing the exact same outfit that I wore nearly 30 years ago.
I don't have children...but I can attest to how quickly life passes...so I think that we can all relate to the following quote from President Monson "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will - to your surprise - miss them profoundly."
After finding this picture of me tonight I thought how fast time must have flown by for my mother. So really this post is for her benefit...Enjoy Mom!


5 comments:
I think about that all of the time! It is going WAY to fast!
Thanks for sharing the quote. Moms need all the reminders they can get.
RACHEL--I love your BACKGROUND..haha...It's the same as mine. It was so good to talk to you today. I finally added you as one of my HOMIES on my blog..I don't know why you were not there before. WE can not wait that long to talk next time. But just so you know....I LOVE IT and am really excited !!! (you know what I mean)...I miss you and we have to keep in touch better. Let me rephrase...I need to keep in touch better. Love ya...Shalene
Rach, you look so cute in that lil outfit!! :)
Rachel, you might regret sharing your blog link with me *wink :) I am so glad we have the opportunity to get to know each other better.
This post is so fun! The pictures are absolutely adorable! How fun to have your sweet little nephew wear your old costume. I agree, time is going by so quickly. Need to cherish every little bit we can.
Post a Comment