OK...so I have blogged before about having a trainer, well we had to change trainers and we have had a new one for almost 2 weeks now. I think that he looks like Charlie Brown but with a really big neck. Maybe it is because he looks so young that I think of Charlie…not sure where it came from but it fits for sure.
Anyway he is “killer” or at least that is how I feel after we have worked out with him. For instance take Tuesday for example. He decided it would be a good day to work abs. I have worked out for years, especially on my abs…I mean who didn’t get the abs of steel movie and do crunches forever at home?!? (by the way did you know about the others? Buns of Steel, Hips & Thighs of Steel, Abs and Arms of Steel and Legs of Steel, they really do work – I found mine on eBay for really cheap) Anyway…first he puts each of us on an incline bench (yes instant head rush) and then he has us do 3 sets of 20 sit ups, but there was a twist…after the first 15 you had to do 5 to each side then finish the last 5. Then we turned around and did reverse crunches where you lift your lower body instead of the upper and so the work out went. An entire 30 minutes on solid abs.
When the workout is over I ran for about 30 min and felt totally fine…that is until Wednesday morning. How is it that I can hardly twist my neck without feeling it…uh lets just say that if I had stronger abs I wouldn’t feel it in my neck so much (no laughing please). It is getting better, but I just realized that anyone with great abs probably has a really strong neck, clearly I have neither, but I am at least attempting.
Disclaimer…I don’t want a big neck! I keep asking if it will get bigger and I am assured that it will not. If you see me and think that my neck is growing let me know and I think I can handle the weak abs…
2 comments:
ha ha I would be worried about a big neck too! I had no idea the two were connected! And I don't know how you do that. I tried to do a Pilates video focusing on abs and I really think I died for like 30 seconds and then came back to life they were so hard.
I have never thought about the neck and ab thing, but I think it is sooooo true. The worst part about working the abs is the pain in your neck the whole time. I love your blog!!! It was great to read about what you have been doing lately. Hope all is well, MeLinda
Post a Comment