Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How could I forget...it was the cookies~

So I must have been a little tired or something this morning. I was on my way to work when I glanced in the rearview mirror and noticed that I hadn’t put any make-up on!!! I turned around and headed back home to correct the situation. When leaving the second time I noticed that I was on empty so that I would have to stop and get gas as well…I finally made it to work nearly an hour late.

However, when I got to work I pointed out that the important thing is that I remembered the cookies! I had them with me the first time I left the house.

It is fall time and I was thinking the other day that I haven’t made pumpkin cookies yet…so after I went to the market last night I started working on them. I managed to eat my fair share while they were hot out of the oven…but I just keep trying to remind myself that since they have pumpkin in them that they aren’t too bad for me, right?

Anyway for any of you out there who are aching for a new cookie recipe these are delicious!!! I like a chunky cookie (although sometimes a good sugar cookie will set me just fine) so I add lost of stuff…alter it as you like.

Pumpkin Cookies

½ C shortening
1 egg
1 ½ C Sugar
1 C pumpkin
½ C nuts
1 C raisins
1 tsp: Baking soda
Baking powder
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Salt
Vanilla
2 ½ C Flour
½ bag Chocolate Chips

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes

2 comments:

Leah said...

Mmmm, those sound wonderfull! Asleast you remembered what was most important!

Kristi said...

These look delish! I will try them this afternoon (since they are healthy and all - HA!)