You know when you are having a rough day and you are so tired that you can’t even think straight…well that was yesterday. I had a long day at work…they kind of day where you are trying to come up with things to get done. You know that there are things to be doing, but you are just so tired that you can’t seem to make things work in your favor. The clock finally reached quitting time and I headed home. On days like that it is a fight to get ready to go to the gym. Who in their right mind would want to go and work out instead of just climbing into bed?!?! Well I know that if I am going to reach my goals at the gym that I needed to push past those feelings and just go.
I am trying to burn more calories during my cardio, I have been somewhat lax in that I have only been doing 30 minutes of cardio and calling it good. I decided that I needed to be better and that I was going to stay for an entire hour on the treadmill. I used to do this so it wasn’t completely unattainable. After about 12 minutes I thought I was going to die, but I managed to get past it. By the time I get home I am so disgusting that I need to just shower and go to bed…but no…life will go on whether I am prepared for it or not. So I hurry and showered after the day and the workout that I had, all I wanted to do was throw on some old sweats. If I were at my parents house I have this pair of hot pink sweat pants…those are what I would have thrown on…My family will know immediately what pants I am talking about for years I have undergone constant complaints for me to change when I have them on…very old and not cute at all, but they just make you feel good. Anyway I just threw on some lounge pants and t-shirt to run to the Farmer’s market. I looked just like a hobo…my hair (still unwashed from the gym or as I told my roommate "L" “Not wet hair but sweat hair”) in a pony tail and 5 or so clips to hold the sides up, a shirt that I have had for who knows how many years, and pants that have shrunk so I have to wear them low on my hips so they aren’t too short…yes…not cute at all, very much like a hobo!
So why is it when you have a day like that and you are dressed to kill (ha!) that is when you see everyone you know, or at least it feels that way. It is as if the world seems to be working against you. Two lessons could be learned from this…actually three.
One: If you are having a bad day STAY HOME!
Two: If you are going to go out always look good…
Three: Do what you want and just don’t care what people think!
If you haven’t guessed I chose route 3…and will probably continue to choose that route so if you see me and I look like a hobo just smile and know that it must just be one of those days~
1 comment:
I totally know how you feel. Everytime I look totally grungy we always run into people I haven't seen in years and I'm always terrified that they're thinking "wow she's gone downhill." I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help it. I would suggest to shop somewhere VERY far away from your normal stomping grounds....but chances are you'll still run into someone you know. It's ok - I think you're great even if you're dressed like a hobo!
Post a Comment