The walls are the same color that they were previously, the over the toilet storage, the shower curtain and towels haven't changed either.
But...before the tile in the shower was white. The thin sort of plasticy type 4x4 inch tiles that come in many planned communities. The problem with the bathroom is that they didn't set the tub correctly when it was originally installed. So when you stepped in to the tub you could feel it move from the added weight. Overtime the result of this was that the tiles that were installed after the tub were getting looser and looser each time that the tub was used. The house is 10+ years old at this point and one day when I was scrubbing the shower I noticed that the tiles moved a little. The next time I was cleaning I noticed that after I washed the walls down that this brownish black "stuff" (for lack of a better word) would run out of the tiles and I could rinse and rinse and rinse and it wasn't going away. Simultaneously as it wasn't going away the tiles were getting looser and looser. To the point that you no longer had to watch closely to see the tiles moving. At the time we didn't have the time to correct this and didn't really know the best way to correct it either. So...wanting to ensure that when I had finished cleaning the shower to know that it was clean, I went and bought white duck tape and began working the shower over. Anywhere that there was a moving tile, I covered it with the tape so that I could feel like we were showering in a clean place and we could figure out what we needed to do to correct the problem.
(At this point hopefully you aren't thinking totally ill of me :-) It wasn't that bad, but the brownish black stuff was more than I could take.)
So...we found a friend who is talented in the area of construction and he agreed to come and correct the problem. Below are a few of the pictures of what the bathroom now looks like. We are so pleased with it, it is such an improvement to the house and I could soak in this tub (without it moving) for many years. I especially really enjoy the built in shelves for the shampoo bottles, and the corner shelves for the soap. We also enjoy the shower head being tall enough for tall people. Awe...I just love it.
2 comments:
The bathroom looks awesome Rachel. Amazing how much a little change can help you feel. Congrats.
Amen Sista to the end of brownish,black stuff and loose tiles! I won't even blog about our bathroom "befores." People would definitely think ill of me!
Post a Comment