Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It all started a year ago...

It was one year ago today, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I had been home from the Mediterranean for 8 days. I was trying to get myself ready to be more social. When you are single for many years you see the pattern of your social life going up and down. Sometimes you just don't want to go out and be seen and other times that is all you can think of doing. I had been in a bit of a rut and was on the uphill side of a social lull. Having just been on a great vacation I thought I should put my best efforts into being social again. So I got ready for institute. I made sure I felt good about myself before I left the house (that way I could forget about myself and just have a good time). I actually remember what I was wearing too!

Anyway my friend was going to meet me at class so I sat on the back row (I was at least going, that didn't mean I had to sit on the front row). I made sure that there was plenty of room for her on either side of me. She was a little late but apparently it didn't matter that night, I felt like I must have had a sign on my forehead that said...Don't Sit By Me. No kidding, class had already started and people were going to the front row and climbing over others to sit in the middle of the pew rather than sit by me on the back row...bazaar. When she came in I bet her that no one else would sit on the other side of me, and I was winning for a while...then he came in.

...he was tall, handsome and dressed in a button down shirt with slacks and a tie. He made eye contact with me and I leaned over and told my friend that I lost the bet. He came right over sat down next to me and introduced himself.

Today he has been my husband for 3 weeks. Oh the memories the last year has held for me...

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Wow! 3 weeks already?! Time sure flies when you're having fun huh? ;) that's a beautiful story!

Kristi said...

Totally made me cry! Love it! I would love to hear more.... I adore these kinds of stories! ****SIGH****

Jules Westlake said...

Ah love, such a sweet story! I love it when boys have the guts to go after what they desire....so sweet.