Monday, February 2, 2009

Caution – Life is Fragile.

This morning I want to tell all of you just how thankful I am and how blessed I am to have you a part of my life. Lately I have been reflecting on the blessings received after passing from this world. Just imagine what it may be like to not have the pains of this world, to have the opportunity to be made whole and to be at peace.

Oddly enough after pondering this subject over and over in my mind for roughly the past month I arrived at work this morning to find out that one of the ladies who I work with lost her daughter over the weekend. Her daughter was 14 and was born with both physical and mental handicaps. She was such a joy in the life of this family and their world seemed to revolve around her. I can’t help but be happy for her daughter to be free from the pains of this world. I do feel for the family and hope that they will make it through this hard time in their lives.

…I am so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for being a part of my life. After being reminded that this life is so fragile, and after reading the October conference talk, from President Monson last night, “Finding Joy in the Journey”, I wanted to express my love for each of you. In the conference talk there is a quote by William Shakespeare., “They do not love that do not show their love.” I hope that all of you may know that I love each of you and the joy that you bring to my life.

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

That's sweet Rach! Thanks to YOU for being such a great friend to everyone - and me! :)

Melissa said...

Sooo right...thanks for the reminder!

Wendy Kae said...

Thanks to you for the great impact you continue to have in my life.

Jenny said...

I probably visit your blog every month. I've even commented before. Check out time flies. I'm glad you found me and that you are doing well. Thanks for the great thoughts today.